SLA & Support Agreement
Modified on: Sat, 31 Jul, 2021 at 5:53 AM
1. Introduction: The Burst SMS difference
The purpose of this document is to demonstrate our commitment to providing our Services with the highest possible uptime, speed, security and compliance. We have extremely high standards when it comes to the reliability and connectivity of our services. We exist purely to deliver and report on your messages whenever and wherever you need, and we stand by our ability to deliver on this commitment. Our honesty and transparency about our service commitments & guarantees has been one of the underlying factors for our success. Loose promises are one thing: commitment, transparency and delivery are entirely another. As a part of our transparency, Burst SMS publishes the historical averages of our service delivery. You can see what we have delivered to our valued clients over the years, and can see why we have earned our place amongst the top messaging companies in our operating regions.
|Year||Avg. Month Uptime||Avg. SMS Throughput||Avg. Delivery Time|
|2011||99.76%||2,500 SMS/min||10.5 sec|
|2012||99.89%||4,000 SMS/min||10.3 sec|
|2013||99.97%||4,000 SMS/min||8.9 sec|
|2014||99.98%||5,000 SMS/min||8.5 sec|
|2015||99.96%||6,000 SMS/min||8.9 sec|
|2016||99.83%||6,000 SMS/min||7.9 sec|
|2017||99.98%||9,000 SMS/min||7.9 sec|
|2018||99.99%||10,000 SMS/min||5.6 sec|
|2019||99.99%||12,500 SMS/min||4.2 sec|
|2020||99.99%||100,000 SMS/min||2.8 sec|
|2021 to date||99.99%||120,000 SMS/min||2.5 sec|
2. Service Level Commitments
In signing up with Burst SMS, We fully commit to ensuring that:
- Our average monthly platform uptime is > 99.99%,
- Our average single SMS delivery time is < 2.5 secs,
- Our minimum SMS Thruput is above 5,000 SMS per minute. (For higher thruput and dedicated connections, contact us. )
3. Service Level Guarantees
We 100% guarantee that:
- All messages submitted to us will be submitted to the recipients carrier. We will provide a refund for any messages not submitted to a recipients carrier. (All customers)
- Monthly platform uptime will be above 99.9%. If Burst SMS monthly platform downtime is above 0.1%, and this results in a material and direct business impact, we will provide a refund of any recurring monthly or subscription fees pro rata for the amount of downtime.
4. Support Commitments and SLA's
Service Failure Lifecycle:
Should you experience any problems with our services, you must report the failure directly to us as soon as possible.
As soon as we receive any reported downtime from you, we will perform an initial investigation and respond to you with our findings:
(a) advising whether or not we can identify a failure resulting from the Burst SMS platform;
(b) and if the failure is found to be within the Burst SMS platform, we will advise of the severity of the failure and the time estimated to rectify it.
Burst SMS will use all reasonable measures to rectify any failure in accordance with our failure correction times as detailed in Priority & Response Times:
A failure will only be considered rectified once we determine that the failure has been fixed and we have let you know.
- If we determine that a failure has occurred because of the network operator failing to send or receive SMS messages, we will work with the relevant network operator to correct any problems encountered by their platform.
- We will provide regular and ongoing updates over the course of any downtime, until resolution and service restoration.
- We will provide an Incident Report for any material Service Failure.
- We will rigorously analyse all Services failures to learn, and to the maximum extent possible, put in place safeguards, patches, fixes or procedures to mitigate the risk of a similar repeat event.
Support Channels & Availability:
Hours of Availability:
Tier 1 available 24/7 & Tier 2 available 8:30am to 5:30pm AEST Monday - Friday
High priority enquiries are also attended to outside of the above hours by our on-call Tier 2 support team. Enquiry priority is determined by the Support team per the guidelines below.
(a) Via Ticket Submission
(b) Via Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit your regional Burst SMS website. Site chat box located on bottom right of the website.
(a) AU: 1300 012 014
(b) NZ: 09 951 8724
(c) SG: 3158 7546
(d) UK: 020 8050 0025
(e) US: (888) 424-0387
During high support times if we are unable to answer your calls directly and you are required to leave a message with our answering service, we guarantee to return your phone call as a matter of priority as soon as possible.
Incident Priority & Response Times
Please note the following failure report classification, response times and estimated fix times.
A fault is causing your details or information to be partially inaccurate, or non-messaging related website bugs. This has no significant impact on your service and/or performance, and/or workaround is available. Response time; 24 hours Estimated resolution time up to 7 days.
A fault is providing some general platform operational problems, or messaging delay problems, and preventing any form of reasonable workaround. Response: Same Day; Estimated Resolution time 24 hours.
A fault causing either full downtime of our platform or our messaging connectivity. Response time: Immediate. Resolution time: As soon as possible.
5. Scheduled Maintenance
In order for us to provide you with the best services possible there will be, from time to time, short periods of unavailability to allow us to conduct essential maintenance on our systems, servers and platforms. When such a scheduled maintenance is required, we will ensure we provide you with at least 48 hours notice, and;
We promise to conduct any maintenance required in a manner that will minimise any potentially adverse impact upon our ability to provide services.
Where we expect any maintenance may have an adverse effect on our ability to provide you with our services, we will use all reasonable measures to perform the maintenance at a time that will cause minimal disruption to the majority of our client base.
In the event that we are required to undertake un-scheduled maintenance, Burst SMS will provide you with as much notice as we are reasonably able to provide, detailing:
(a) the expected duration of the un-scheduled maintenance
(b) the likelihood of any adverse effect such unscheduled maintenance may have on our services
6. 360 Feedback
If you believe our services are not operating in the way we have promised in 3.2, you must notify us of the failure at email@example.com as soon as possible. This will be appropriately and expediently escalated internally.
7. Changes from time to time
By using our SMS services, you agree to accept the provisions and commitments of this SLA and Support Agreement. Burst SMS reserves the right to change or alter this agreement from time to time, providing prior notice is given to all our customers.